LinkedIn has grown to over 100 million users in over 50 countries. The marketing efforts of LinkedIn have doubled and are in place to stave off the competition and continue to grow as they have enhanced the ads and job searches; not to mention that the stock is growing too. More professionals are signing up for its subscription services and bringing advertisers who want to reach these professionals.
I know the world is stuck on Facebook, but spend a few days with LinkedIn in another open tab on your browser and connect with professionals in your field. Once you’ve made sure to fill out your entire profile do a search for others in your field and connect. You can also connect via the many groups that are established on the site.
What can this Linking do for an individual?
- Connect to others in your field and grow more via the groups developed or by creating your own group
- Find a job (if you’re unemployed), or a better one if you’re tired of the company you’re with
- Gain more business by cross checking those whom may need your services. Advice: approach all of these reasons to get LinkedIn as you are the one who is helping and not just taking. You’ll get a long way by being of help instead of just pushing the Me button
What can LinkedIn do for a business?
- Create business page to connect and attract current and future employees
- Create ads for employment and the search is on. Many people have other networks connected to their files so you can see them via their social networks that are linked to their profile
- Discover new partnerships